ICD-WUDAA Scholarship Program
A Dental Education Initiative
|The ICD-WUDAA Scholarship Program offers annual scholarships to dental students. This program demonstrates concern about the high cost of dental education and its negative impact on the career choices of graduating dentists by doing as much as possible for individual students and raising awareness of the serious issue of dental school student debt.|
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
MAKE A DONATION
If you would like to make a donation or pledge a gift to the ICD-WUDAA Scholarship and help a dental student with their educational costs,
Or you may send a bank check in US Dollars
- NEW! 1 August 2022: Six students receive the 2022 ICD-WUDAA Scholarship
- 12 August 2021: Meet the Five ICD-WUDAA Scholarship Program recipients of 2021
- 20 July 2020 – ICD-WUDAA Program Selects Four Scholarship Recipients
- 8 October 2019 – Three Dental Students Receive Inaugural Scholarships
- 26 November 2018 – ICD-WUDAA Scholarship Program officially launches during 2018 Council Meeting in New York
- 14 September 2018 – $100,000 Dental Student Scholarship Program Approved
The 2022 Scholarship Recipients
Colton Cannon (Univ. of Minnesota)
(borrom row L/R):
Jaskamal Singh (Boston University)
- The International College of Dentists (ICD) and Global Visionary Fund (GVF)
provides the administrative support required for funding and managing the scholarship program, as well as contributes one scholarship per year.
- The ICD Section I USA Foundation (USAF)
processes the screening of candidates and final selection of grant recipients, as well as contributes two scholarships per year.
- The Washington University, St. Louis Dental Alumni Association (WUDAA)
is involved in program administration and continued financial support, as well as contributes two scholarships per year.
- The Leon Aronson Endowment Fund contributes one scholarship per year.
WUDAA established a dental student scholarship program years ago after the Washington University Dental School, St. Louis, closed during the 1990’s. Whereas both ICD and WUDAA have established programs in support of dental students and high-quality dental education, they have agreed to collaborate in the continuation and future growth of the existing WUDAA Scholarship Program.
Nominations and letters of endorsement on behalf of student applicants may be submitted by ICD Fellows, Washington University dental alumnus or dental school faculty members. Candidates shall demonstrate financial need and be in good standing at a USA dental school approved by ADA/CODA. International students are eligible.
ICD-WUDAA Steering Committee
ICD World Headquarters: email@example.com ; (810) 820-3087; 615 S. Saginaw St., Flint, MI 48502