Embracing Equity Webinar
Webinar and Knowledge Quiz:
The Bettie McKaig Women Leadership Series is a series of ICD Online programs dedicated to women leadership within the College and the dental profession, providing a platform for women leaders to speak about their experiences, challenges, opportunities and contributions, as well as share leadership resources and information. This episode “Embracing Global Equity and Sustainability” aligns with the 2023 International Women’s Day theme of #EmbracingEquity and features 4 international Fellow women leaders speaking to their experiences of equality and equity throughout their careers and journeys in oral health.
- Compare and contrast the impact and role of women dental leaders globally, including pathways to leadership, challenges and opportunities
- Identify barriers or obstacles that women dental leaders face during their career experiences
- Evaluate future opportunities for women dental leaders to play a larger role in the policy and decision-making systems of public and oral health
- Understand the difference between Equality and Equity as it relates to women dentists and leaders in the oral health industry globally. Promote awareness of Equity for women’s advancement in economics, education, health and in the workplace
- Identify contributions to professional successes in the dental community, ICD Fellows and women worldwide
After watching the video, you must take and pass successfully (at least 6/7 correct) the knowledge quiz in order to receive a completion certificate for 1 hour of Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) PACE approved credit. You may take the knowledge quiz as many times as needed in order to get credit for the video course.