Dental Safety Program
A Public Health Initiative
2019 Novel Coronavirus Resources
As a global organization, the International College of Dentists is aware of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus epidemic and promotes the sharing of important information and resources available from trusted organizations and ICD Fellows, dedicated to public health.
ICD ONLINE Webinars
U.S. Centers for Disease, Control and Prevention
World Health Organization
ICD Fellow Resources
*DISCLAIMER: The content listed below has been produced by the named persons and is not necessarily regarded to be the views of the International College of Dentists. The College, its officers, employees and volunteers, accept no liability or responsibility for the consequences for any inaccurate or misleading information.
The ICD Dental Safety Program (DSP) is an international continuing education initiative adopted by the International Council of the International College of Dentists. The program is designed to increase knowledge, improve attitudes, and implement the safer practice of oral health professionals/personnel to meet standards in infection control and occupational safety. The emphasis of this educational and capacity-building initiative is towards developing nations. The goal is to control the spread of infectious diseases from patient-to-patient, oral health professional to patient, and patient to the oral health professional during the provision of dental care.
METHODS The following is our approach:
- Educational materials – ICD has state-of-the-art educational materials for infection control and dental safety. (see link below)
- Capacity building within the profession – ICD DSP will deliver an intensive 2-3 day training program intended for dental educators and other trainers of oral health personnel.
- Educational programs for dental professionals – Educational seminars/workshops will be presented by knowledgeable and experienced ICD DSP Educators. Apart from the educational modules, a Guide for Safety and Infection Control for Oral Health Care Missions Workers will be distributed.
- Internet-based educational programs – Infection control technique training videos are available at no cost to any viewer, accessed through the link below.
- Provision of materials and supplies – for oral health care mission workers.
- ICD Sections, Regions and Fellows are invited to participate in this College–wide initiative by providing any of the following: a) Program venue opportunities; b) Volunteer speakers; and c) Financial support.
- The ICD Global Visionary Fund shall be a source for financial support.
- Henry Schein Cares shall be a source of supplies and materials for mission trip workers.
Online training videos are accessible for dental personnel by the link below “Download Virtual Training Materials”, at no cost.
BASICS OF INFECTION CONTROL
AND DENTAL SAFETY
Virtual training documents and videos (streaming format) are available by clicking on the link below.
If you would like to make a donation towards the Dental Safety Program,
you may do so through the
ICD Global Visionary Fund.
The program is maintained by ICD Fellow Team Members Dr. Christine Benoit, Dr. Raghu Puttaiah, Dr. Wendy Thompson and Dr. Sam Zwetchkenbaum.
ICD World Headquarters: firstname.lastname@example.org